Things That Can Be Carried On A Bike (#8)

Another Bike.

I've done this a few times, though not since last fall. I got the idea online but can't remember where. I came across a site that sold the Mundo Yuba and it actually showed them being delivered by another Yuba. Anyhow, much to my teenage son's chagrin, that is his bike being towed. I had to pick him up at his mother's house this morning and run a few errands. As usual, yes I could have easily hopped in my vehicle but it would not have been nearly as fun (unfortunately, I don't believe my son shares my enthusiasm...but then again I'm not sure I would have if I were his age). Anyhow, the bike is designed so the front tire of another bike fits into one of the drop bars. All you have to do is strap it tight to the Yuba. The bike being towed turns at it's own fork so you really don't even notice you're pulling one (granting it's strapped on tight...the first time I did this I didn't have it strapped down well enough and the vibration chipped paint on both bikes). One more way to go car-lite.

Comments